A Thousand Words Thursday


Cheaper Than Therapy
August, 2001 What is it with kids and boxes? They love to play in them and apparently teethe on them. My Boy can find a thousand uses for a good box to this day.

........................

Want to join me in A Thousand Words Thursday, read and grab my button from HERE. Then write in your name and blog addy in Mr. Linky below.

Please link only to "A Thousand Words Thursday" posts, and visit the other participants as well, thanks!

48 supporters in group:

  1. Sarah said...

    All my kids love boxes - still. They can even pull the baby around in the box. The fun never ends :)

  2. Amy W said...

    My photo is similar to yours again! Only this time it is my baby, not the oldest. And he's eating, but not eating a box. :)

  3. Mrs4444 said...

    Was he perhaps left on your doorstep in a cardboard box? :)

    Miss you. Extremely stressed out with work lately. Hope to come out of the fog this weekend....

  4. 4 Lettre Words said...

    So true...and so sweet!

  5. Abby said...

    That box looks tasty!

  6. Kristen Andrews said...

    how cute, my kind of girl loving those deliveries!

  7. Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

    Maybe they know something good is inside?!

  8. Sarah said...

    Isn't that the truth! Kids and boxes... Partners to the end of time! Happy ATWT!

  9. Maria's Space said...

    Sweet little baby, look at those eyes.

  10. Anonymous said...

    Boy, oh, boy ... do kids EVER love boxes! We could save a LOT of money if we quit buying toys and just offered a fresh new box once a week or so!

  11. Dee said...

    Every time we get something new to review, my little man is more interested in the box than the review item! I have two boxes on my floor right now that he's been playing with!

  12. Brittany said...

    That would be a snack for my kids, seriously, they are such paper eaters!

  13. Proud Mommy said...

    That is so true!! The love the packaging better than the toy!!

  14. kel said...

    Kids love boxes!!!

    I love your new header too!!

  15. Former Fat Chick said...

    the best ones are from the big appliances...those can be caves, ships, whole planets!!!

  16. Brooks said...

    its the toy that costs nothing that is always the best! BTW...love the new layout!

  17. Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

    Yum, cardboard is delicious.

  18. April said...

    Yum....boxes are gooooood! Happy ATWT!

  19. jill jill bo bill said...

    It is your duty then to use mail order over and over again. Really.

  20. Bree Shaw said...

    mmm, that box looks tasty! love the eyes too!

  21. A Family Completed... said...

    Always the best Christmas gift too, lol. My kids and my parents cat fight over the boxes.

  22. Sarah said...

    Mmmm...fiber. Boxes are the best entertainment value around.

  23. namaste said...

    So cute!!!!

  24. Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

    Too cute. Boxes are made of awesome, cuz they can be whatever you want them to be :) I find myself obsesssing about them a little too, only mine is now those organizing container-type things lol

  25. Hera said...

    Awwww that is cute! It's so true, kids love boxes, the popcorn that fills the boxes and popping the bubble wrap LOL

  26. Leslie said...

    He makes it look pretty tasty too!

  27. Ann Harrison said...

    Now that's one way to get more fiber in their diet ;->

    How are you doing today?

  28. Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

    His eyes and widows peak in that picture are too cute. I miss mine that little.

  29. The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

    What a sweet pic! One of our kiddos bit the recliner handle! I had to wrap it with a wash cloth, lol!

    Precious days~

  30. McMrs said...

    Adorable!!
    All the money we spend on them & they ALWAYS love the boxes! my girls like to make houses out of the big boxes or pretend it's a car. Love the imagination :)

  31. Unknown said...

    What an adorable picture! Look at those eyes!

  32. Swirl Girl said...

    It's never too early to start a high fiber diet!

  33. Mom! Dude! said...

    My kids would say that they couldn't tell the difference from a box and Momma's real cooking!

  34. Anonymous said...

    He's too cute .. my kids are fascinated with boxes too! Maybe I should stop buying them so many toys and just give them a bunch of boxes instead, lol.

  35. Anonymous said...

    That photo is so very adorable

  36. Clare said...

    such a great photo, his little eyes are just so cute!

  37. Jenni said...

    Look at that face! They do so love a good box, don't they?

  38. Heather B. said...

    My kids love boxes too. Sometimes they like the box more than they like what was inside it!!!

  39. Just Jules said...

    I have a pic of two of my kids in a box on my flickr with the same caption!

    Thanks for the peek into your blog

  40. Jo-Jo said...

    running behind today! Why is it we know they love the boxes more than anything but yet we still by toys?! Imagine the money we could save!

  41. Unknown said...

    Did you get him in the mail? If only it were that easy... He's definitely "priority" mail! HA!

    And yes, they do love boxes!

  42. Unknown said...

    I know that when we decide to have kids we will just buy them boxes! lol Screw the toys they won't play with them anyway! lol Very cute picture!

  43. Unknown said...

    I got a bit emotional looking through the files . . . thank you. :)

  44. Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

    I love it. Hope K is doing okay today...

  45. Angela said...

    I don't know why over the decades parents haven't learned to for go the presents and just buy the kids boxes! We'll never learn!

  46. Aracely said...

    Who says these kids aren't getting any fiber? ;-)

  47. Leanna said...

    Yum!...oh, hey, there's that fiber you were looking for right? Maybe give K some box! LOL....

    Hope she's doin better!

    I know...I'm WAY late posting...very busy crazy day! ;) Better late than never, right?

  48. Colette S said...

    Yes! I remember giving my kids boxes as toys! They had sooo much fun! I should do it again.

    It's so interesting isn't it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails